Wednesday, January 12, 2011

BCS Championship at Tap House

Dogfish Head, Chicory Stout
The chicory definitely added a chocolate flavor to this stout. I've not tried many Dogfish Head beers, but will give some of their other beers a shot. I would have expected more complex flavor since chicory isn't typically called out as an ingredient in a stout...it was mostly just chocolately.

Rating 1: 2
Rating 2: 1




Anderson Valley, Black IPA
My first encounter with a black IPA...all of my favorite qualities in a porter, but a little bit hoppy--great combination! Anderson Valley has a great reputation, and this beer doesn't disappoint. I'll definitely be seeking out other black IPA's.

Rating A: 5
Rating B: 4





Maritime Pacific Nightwatch Dark Ale
I requested something from the bartender along the lines of what I'd been drinking. He recommended this delicious dark ale from Maritime. I had the pleasure of trying other Maritime beers at the Washington Beer Festival about a month ago, and was impressed. This tastes like a stout, with rich chocolate and coffee notes.

Rating 1: 4
Rating 2: 3.5




Ninkasi, Total Domination IPA
I am doing my best to get a more well-rounded tasting of beers, and that means embracing the IPA. I've discovered that I really like darker IPA's, as stated above with the Anderson Valley IPA, and this was along the same lines. Darker, malty but hoppy--great balance. I'm told their Tricerihops is unbelievable.

Rating 1: 4.5
Rating 2: 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment