Monday, January 24, 2011

Catching Up!

Over the past few days I've taken some time off of work for some much needed rest...some of that rest ended up taking place at bars.

Scuttlebutt, 10 Degrees Below
I'm surprised I haven't had this winter beer until now--when winter beers are being phased out. This is a great beer. Molasses and licorice flavors. Reminds me a bit of Black Butte Porter. 7.4% abv.
Rating A: 4
Rating B:4

Pike Brewing, Monk's Uncle Tripel
I tried this beer at the Pike Brewery while I was killing time waiting for my hair appointment in Belltown. Really great Belgian Tripel, and the bartenders were very knowledgeable. 9% abv and 34 IBU's means this refreshing beer also packs a punch. Orangey after taste, bitter and sweet but hoppy and bubbly. Also had their steamed mussles...very good pairing.
Rating A: 4.5
Rating B: 4



Bayern, Oktoberfest
I had the option of drinking SO many other beers this weekend, while we were in Leavenworth...and I kept coming right back to this one. Perfectly balanced, malty, much darker than I anticipated an Oktoberfest, darker than a Dunkel I also tried. Brewed in Missoula, Montana by a true German brewery--the owner and brewer are originally from Germany and brew all of their beers in traditional styles. So rich, a little bit nutty, bold and lingering. I would buy this again and again, and at 6% abv, I did. Tried it at The Loft, the newest bar in Leavenworth, where we also enjoyed the playoff games and some great sausages and stuffed jalapenos.
Rating A: 5
Rating B: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment