Sunday, May 15, 2011

Believe it! Finally, a new post!

During my travels researching all of the wonderful beers of the shoulder season, I've encountered some really, really good beers. 

Victory Brewing, Yakima Glory Ale
Brewed with hops from Washington's Yakima Valley (also where Budweiser gets most of their American grown hops). Sweet, hoppy, red in color and very malty. Only available seasonally, I found it at Tap House. 8.7% abv. Read more and watch a video on the making of this beer.





Boulevard Brewing Company, Brew Boss Tom's Golden Bock
Only available April and May--get it while it's out. Light in color, but plenty of flavor. At 6.1% you can have a few and still walk around just fine (unlike the Glory Ale, above.) Found this at Tap House as well. Sweet, kind of heavy, would have paired great with a brat or something vinegary.

Stone Brewing, Cali-Belgique IPA
In a word: phenomenal. It hits your mouth like it's a much higher abv, but it sits at 6.9% abv. What makes this beer really unique, is that it's actually the regular Stone IPA, just with a different strand of yeast--it completely changes the beer. Definitely a Belgian inspired IPA, reminded me of the Allagash Tripel. I've only found this in one place--Bambino's Pizzeria in Belltown.










Snoqualmie Falls Brewing Co., Triskaidekaphobia 13th Anniversary Tripel Ale
I have no idea how to say the name of this beer, but it was goooood. We bought a bomber and a growler of a beer I'll review next. Bought from the brewery after a long hike; great end to the day. Maybe because I compare every Tripel to the best of the best--the Allagash Tripel, and this one hit all the marks. Sweet, hoppy, refreshing. If I knew how to say the name I might talk about it more.8.6% abv.





Snoqualmie Falls Brewing Co., Double IPA
I think this might be limited edition, because I can't find it listed anywhere online. I don't have much info about it, we got a growler directly from the brewery. I would guess somewhere around 9% abv. Strong and hoppy, bold, when served really cold it's really, really tasty. Drank it with a couple of good steaks off the grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment