Monday, May 23, 2011

Russian River Brewery, Santa Rosa, CA (a.k.a. "Mecca")

It was happy hour on a great sunny Sunday in Santa Rosa, after spending the weekend celebrating Jason's Nannie's 80th birthday. Drinking, drinking and more drinking! The Irish, what can I say?

Erudition, Belgian series
IBU's: 32
A.b.v: 7.15%
Sweet, floral and hoppy...may have just been the Pliney I had first...kind of tainted this one for a few sips. Didn't leave a big impression, unfortunately. It was good, not great.

Salvation, Belgian series
I.B.U's:20
A.b.v.:9%
I. Love. This. Beer. Low IBU's, high alcohol...usually a favorite among my taste buds. What was also awesome about this was how cheap it was compared to what we pay for it in the bottle up here.

Blind Pig I.P.A.
I.B.U's: 72
A.b.v.:6%
I really liked this, a nice, kind of light IPA. Nothing super remarkable, but very drinkable, could have had a few. This was the last beer of the evening, and went very nicely with the uber famous beer bites (mentioned more on the Yelp reviews than the beer.)

Perdition, Belgian series
A.b.v.:6.3%
Very drinkable, pretty carbonated, medium body. Caramel in color. A little spicey.

Pliney the Elder
I.B.U's: 92
A.b.v.:8%

The IBU's tell you how hoppy this is--crazy hoppy. I was really hoping to see the Younger on tap, since I've had the Elder before, but no such luck. Bitter, sweet, floral. Yum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment