Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lazy evening at home

My husband and I had a fun day in Seattle today being tourists at Pike Place Market. I bought fresh radiatore pasta, pomodoro sauce and Parmesan from DeLaurenti's, and mixed it all up with fresh hot italian sausage from Bill the Butcher. Fantastic meal. Now on to college football and movies.


Allagash Tripel Reserve
9% abv, 1 pint
Bought at Pete's Wine Shop, Bellevue, WA
Perfect bottle size for two very full glasses. Smells great. Sweet, honey flavor but I definitely taste the hops and spices. Sweet aftertaste, perfect for drinking after our spicy dinner to clear the palate. 9% is usually where I start feeling it after a few sips, and this beer is no different. We were planning on drinking an Elysian Night Owl after this, but I may only finish this one beer...since I also had a Hoegaarden before dinner. :)

2 comments:

  1. This Tripel is one of the best american made on the market. Extremely reliable and versatile. I may have to question the Night Owl as follow up though... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, than what would you recommend instead? Do you even like pumpkin ales?

    ReplyDelete