Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Night Football

Traffic was nuts tonight, I'm sure due to the wind. Beef stroganoff and a Sam Adams Winter Lager waiting for me when I got home made it all better. 

Sam Adams Winter Lager
This is a classic winter daily drinker...nothing super fancy going on here, but definitely different than your standard lager. A little bit spicey, almost hoppy, and finishes a little bitter. The label says it's got ground cinnamon, orange peel and ginger--I'm inclined to believe those are all in there, while I only taste the cinnamon and ginger. Definitely the ginger. 

I think you can even get it as part of the winter beers pack at Costco...be careful of the cranberry lambic, though...that's a terrible beer. 

Howe Sound, Father John's Winter Ale
Now this is the stuff. In a 1L bottle with a resealable top, this spicey, almost pumpkin ale is a great go-to. At only 7%, it tastes a lot higher than that, with so much body and so many flavors happening at once. It has nutmeg, cinnamon, molasses, honey, and sugar and you can taste all of them. Really rich, really warming :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment